Traffic count and data collection is the core business for AgFirst Environmental.
AgFirst is the best consultant for you because:
- We specialise in a variety of data collection, so you benefit from our range of systems used.
- We are the leading consultant for traffic counts in Canterbury, the South and North Island. You can be assured that others like you are happy with our service.
- We presently use safety plans approved for Level LV, 1 and Level 2 plans. You can be confident no safety incidents will occur.
- We have had Q-base certification for our traffic count contracts since September 2002. You can be sure the data provided is of a high quality.
- We have all the required resources for an immediate start. With offices and sub contractors located throughout NZ, you will have an operator nearby.
- We are experienced in using a wide range of traffic count equipment. You will be able to get information you are familiar with.
- We are a pro-active company who you will enjoy working with. You will find it a pleasure to work with us. Agfirst prefers to operate in a “no surprises” environment.
- We work to a monthly programme. You know deadlines will be met, while still fitting in those occasional requests.
- We prefer to contract direct to you. You get to talk directly with those involved on the ground.
You benefit from our experience
Our core business is collecting good quality data – “We measure, you manage.” We have a range of traffic count and reporting options available.
You get quality data
Our traffic monitoring database tracks your traffic count in terms of quantity, quality and timeliness of counts. Our traffic count management system is Q Base registered with Telarc. We have set our own high standard for quality of counts, which is significantly higher than any of our present contracts require.
We’re safety conscious
We have approved Traffic Management Plans for traffic counting on low volume, Level 1 & 2 roads. We have developed safe practices thus reducing the likelihood of a safety incident occurring on site. Our STMS staff is trained to Level 1 & 2.
And we’re innovative
We use some of the latest traffic count equipment available. Our service is specialist, so you benefit from what we have learnt on other projects to date.
Agfirst has nationwide coverage so we can handle a traffic count contract anywhere in the country. Our skills, technology and specialist experience means that you can be sure our data will provide you with a little more than you expected.
Select one of the following to view a sample of the data:
- Hourly counts
- Vehicle class and speed
- Vehicle flow
Let us do what we are good at, i.e traffic counting and monitoring. This will allow you to focus on your core business, i.e traffic planning and management or road maintenance.
See ‘Resources’ below for a ‘Request for Special Counts’ form.
AgFirst has an in-house quality system, Telarc Q Base Registered since 2002, which ensures only good data is passed on to clients.
Our clients include:
- New Zealand Transport Agency, Canterbury / Westland 2001 – present
- New Zealand Transport Agency, Otago / Southland 2004 – present
- New Zealand Transport Agency, Hawkes Bay / Gisborne 2006 – present
- New Zealand Transport Agency, Northland 2008 – present
- Christchurch City Council 2003 – present
- Waimakariri District Council, 1997 – present
- Hurunui District Council, 2002 – present
- Grey District Council
- Waitaki District Council
- Selwyn District Council
- New Zealand Transport Agency, Taranaki / Manawatu / Wanganui 2011 – present
- Ashburton District Council
- Dunedin City Council
Plus, on request services provided to Traffic Design Group, ViaStrada, Beca, MWH, Opus International, Connell Wagner, Gabities Porter, various malls and Department of Conservation.
As the only specialist traffic monitoring provider in NZ, Agfirst will provide you with a risk free traffic monitoring service. From the delivery of quality data on time, to responding to urgent inquiries, you will find it a pleasure to work with us. We guarantee to deliver your contract in accordance with the specification provided.
Contact Alan Street for more information.
- Form: Request for Special Counts
- Form: Recorder – Fault Fix Request Form
- Site Repair Requests
- Traffic Data Summary for Northland 2009
- State Highway Traffic volumes since 1975 Source: NZ Transport Agency
- Metrocount reports
- Current NZ State Highway conditions AA
- Current NZ State Highway conditions NZTA link