Kim has recently joined AgFirst Northland Ltd and is married with two children aged six and four years old. Together with her husband they have built up 41% share in an equity partnership on an 847 hectare bull beef unit located South East of Dargaville over the past eight years.
Kim’s goal is to have a sustainable work and family balance in the agricultural community
- Sheep and Beef Agribusiness Consultant, AgFirst Northland Ltd – Current
- Agricultural Relationship Manager, ANZ Bank – 2010 – 2015
- Fertiliser and Animal Health Field Officer, Summit Quinphos Ltd – 2004 – 2010
Hands on experience in running bull farming operations:
- 2008 – Current -Developing intensive beef systems under challenging conditions on a challenging farm (650 ha effective Northland hill country).
Also involved as a pilot farm for the Red Meat Profit Partnership. – Five-O Farms Ltd.
- 2007 – Involvement in development of intensive beef systems and comparing bulls vs steers vs steers fed on feed pad systems – Headway Forestry
- 2004 – 2007 – Lived on and involved with Northland Beef Finishing Focus Farm – JW Cookson and Sons
- Competent use of Cash Manager and assisting others with budgeting.
- Sound education in soils and fertility, pasture management, animal health and nutrition along with the ability to transfer knowledge to farmers.
Northland Field Days Committee:
Have been on this committee for two years, currently in the role of treasurer.
Five-0 Farms Ltd:
Role of treasurer and financial accounts management utilising Cash Manager.