Nicola joined AgFirst Otago as an Agribusiness Consultant in 2010. Nicola holds a Bachelor of Agricultural Science with First Class Honours and was awarded the Leading Graduate for Agriculture and Horticulture in 2008. Nicola comes from a high country merino farming background and prior to joining AgFirst she worked in Australia on a renowned merino stud breeding property. Nicola enjoys the challenges of consulting and has a passion for the Central Otago region.
- Sheep and beef farm production systems, including high country merino systems.
- Facilitation work, including field days, workshops and discussion groups.
- Farmax registered consultant.
- Fonterra-approved DDT soil testing services.
- Certificate in Sustainable Nutrient Management.
- Certificate in Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Mitigation and Accounting.
- B+LNZ Central Otago Farming for Profit Programme.
- B+LNZ West Otago Farming for Profit Programme.
- B+LNZ South Otago Farming for Profit Programme.
- B+LNZ Land and Environment Planning workshops.
- Managing Farm Businesses in a Changing Climate – workshops for rural professionals and farmers.
- Ministry for Primary Industries Policy Agent for Central Otago.
- Horticulture research projects.
- Farm systems workshops for regional council staff.