Bob has been working with farmers around NZ for over 40 years. Starting with MAF in Hawkes Bay back in 1975, Bob has played a role in many initiatives in the sheep and beef industry, including:
- The highly successful Monitor Farm programme
- Building the NZ Beef Improvement Group
- Leading a project to establish voluntary minimum standards for sustainable farming
- The ‘Landcorp Beef Cows for Profit’ program.
Following on from MAF Bob has operated as a successful private consultant for more than 25 years, joining AgFirst in 2005 and establishing AgFirst Northland. This business has developed into Northland’s leading agricultural consultancy and extension service.
In 2015 Bob moved to the Waikato and is now leading AgFirst Waikato’s sheep and beef strategy.
AgFirst Waikato’s strategic plan will see the team of 5 sheep & beef consultants delivering on:
- Individual farm business consultancy
- Strategic Farm Business reviews
- Enterprise analysis
- Farmax modelling; both strategic and tactical
- Financial budgeting
- Farm business Benchmarking including basic and advanced
- Controlled grazing systems including high performance beef systems
- Innovative farming solutions
- Helping farmers plan for Healthy Rivers PC1
- Running Farm Business Groups with RMPP and privately
- Leading the B+LNZ Environmental Focus Farm program
- Dairy-beef integration programs; connecting dairy farmers to beef farmers with value propositions
- Supply Management for processors and marketers
- Farm supervision
- Due diligence for farm purchasers
- Farm lease agreements and contract grazing
- OIO applications.